YVCF Community Grant Making Guidelines
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation has one Community Grant round per year. The grant round allows the Community Foundation to see the broad perspective of the Community’s needs and use grant funds to their fullest potential. Please click here for the 2013 Grants Guidelines. You may also click here to go straight to the Colorado Common Grant Form.
Sundance Office Plaza
465 Anglers Drive, Suite 2-G
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
YVCF Grants Q & A
Q: Will my Letter of Intent for the Community Grants consideration reach YVCF's Donor Advised Fund holders?
A: Yes, all Letters of Intent received by YVCF for the Community Grants cycle will be shared with Donor Advised Fund holders, even if your organization is not invited to submit a full application.
Q: My organization has received funding from YVCF and/or Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation for the past three years. Can I still submit a Letter of Intent for this year's grants cycle?
A: Yes. Our request for organizations to 'sit a year out' of the grants application process will only begin from three years of this year's awards. So if your organization receives grants from the YVCF Community Grants cycle in 2012, 2013, and 2014, we ask that you take a year off from applying in 2015.
Giving Circles Special Opportunity
Proposals are solicited from nonprofit organizations serving health and human service needs in Steamboat Springs.
- The group is particularly interested in meeting a client’s direct and urgent needs. For example, if a client is in need of an access ramp, counseling, or other service your organization can provide.
- Organizational general support or client medical bill assistance is not of interest to the funders. Beneficiaries should be in Routt county.
- Requests should be limited to under $4,000 and would be payable to a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization in November.
- Please limit requests to 250 words or less, detailing the need, amount requested and impact on the client or community if this need is funded.
- Proposals are due via email (no hard copy or attachments necessary) to Tarsha Ebbern at email@example.com by October 1. Organizations will be contacted by YVCF with any proposal questions from the Giving Circle.